UPDATE (March 24, 2020): Volunteers urgently needed to help with meal distribution.
UPDATE (March 18, 2020): The Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCHA) has informed us that any family that would feel more secure taking their loved one home is able to do that without losing their beds for 30 days.
Please be aware that you will still need to pay the daily rate and that you will not be eligible for any additional Vancouver Health Services (i.e. home care). If your loved one develops symptoms while in the community under these circumstances they will not be allowed back into the facility until they have been cleared of the symptoms for 14 days or have tested negative for COVID-19.
- Due to the uncertainty around COVID-19, there is a change in visitation rules for our Cedars Residence. NOTE: This does not apply to our Beechwood, Rupert, Bentall or Aspen Green buildings.
- In our on-going efforts to protect the health and safety of residents and staff in assisted living homes, we are limiting visits to “essential visitors” only.
- Essential visitors include compassionate visits for end-of-life, as well as visits that support resident care plans, such as assisting with feeding and/or mobility.
- We hope you understand these new rules are in place as a precautionary measure to ensure the safety of residents, staff and physicians.
- We understand and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- We can assure you this assisted living home is a safe place and these new visitation measures will give us the strongest infection control possible.
- If you are visiting a family member, please follow the important measure protocol of washing your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer, and not touching your face.
- If you would like to drop off items for your family member, please come between 12:30 – 2:00 pm Mondays, Thursdays, or Saturdays. Please label packages with the name and suite number and we will deliver them on your behalf.
- If you feel sick, please don’t visit.
- We will advise the public when these new rules are lifted.
- Please check the Vancouver Coastal Health website for up-to-date information. www.vch.ca/covid19